Yachtswoman of the Year
The San Diego Association of Yacht Clubs hereby decrees this Deed of Gift, represented by a yearly trophy to the "Yachtswoman of the Year" selected by the following requisites:
1. The "Yachtswoman of the Year" will be selected for her outstanding achievements and participation in the sport of yachting.
2. The "Yachtswoman of the Year" will be nominated by a majority of a Board consisting of three yachts persons who represent two (2) or more yacht clubs, two (2) of whom will be Staff Commodores of SDAYC and one (1) who is a Board member delegate of a member club. If only one (1) Staff Commodore is available, there shall be two (2) Board member delegates of a member club. If there is no Staff Commodore available, there shall be three (3) Board member delegates of a member club. The above Board shall be appointed at the September meeting.
3. The nominations for this award shall be announced at the November meeting each year.
4. Voting on nominees shall take place at the December meeting each year.
5. Presentation of the award shall be made at the Opening Day of the Yacht Club to which the "Yachtswoman of the Year" belongs.
6. The award shall consist of an inscribed plaque or trophy.
This Deed of Gift shall be kept in the Secretary's record of the SDAYC at all times.
Note: From the SDAYC mnutes of meeting - January 7, 1960
Commodore - 1982
|1982||Ann Gardner||2000||J.J. Isler|
|1983||Virginia Dege||2001||Betty Becker|
|1984||Peg Hubbard||2002||Susie Pegel|
|1985||Kathy Colby||2003||Kristin Cummings|
|1986||Jennifer Fetter Isler||2004||Lauren Maxham|
|1987||Barbara Morton||2005||Colleen Cooke|
|1988||Genie DiDonato||2006||Annie Gardner Nelson|
|1989||Katy Wadlow||2007||Briana Provancha|
|1990||Vera Moldt||2008||Terri Manok|
|1991||Giselle Camet||2009||Molly O'Bryan|
|1992||J.J. Isler||2010||Danielle Richards|
|1993||Shella Ann Furman||2011||Mandi Markee|
|1994||Sue Neal||2012||Rebecca "Becky" Nygren|
|1995||Not Awarded||2013||Briana Provancha|
|1996||Not Awarded||2014||Aine Fretwell|
|1997||Jerilyn Biehl||2015||Summer Green|
|1998||Susan "Charlie" Arms||2016||Paris Henken|